Baseball is a major in the USA, and it stands next to basketball and American football in terms of popularity. The game requires strategies and skill sets of different players in different fields to accomplish a good game. It has grown in popularity gradually, with over 100 million people taking up the sport globally in countries like Australia, Cuba, Japan, South Korea, and more. Baseball is much more complex than it looks a the surface level, and one has to be good in multiple aspects to be a competent player on any team, but at the same time, it is a fun sport to be involved in.
Baseball requires multitudes of tools such as stitched leather, yarn, and cork ball, a wooden bat, gloves to catch the ball, helmets, and other protective gear to provide safety from serious and superficial injuries. All these items are a must to complete a professional baseball game and carry them. There has to be a baseball backpack that is apt enough to take in all of the mentioned objects in addition to the other simple general stuff like towels, water bottles, energy bars, etc.
This article will describe some important things one should look for in a baseball backpack.
Why buy a baseball backpack?
As with any other major sport, there are certain must-have pieces of equipment that one needs; baseball has quite a few of those compared to some of the other popular sports. Carrying all the equipment at the same time is not easy; therefore, the need to buy a baseball backpack is a must.
Now one can argue why can’t any other regular backpack does this job, and the answer is they can. Still, there is no telling how long they will last, whereas, in the case of baseball backpacks, the compartments are specifically designed to carry the designated objects with ease without much wear and tear, even other a considerable amount of time. The right baseball backpack will make it easy for anyone to take the sport.
Types of baseball backpacks:
The types of baseball backpacks available in the market vary a lot, there are many types categorized on many bases, but one of the significant categorizations is the shape and manufacturing design of the backpacks. This also determines the types of equipment that can be put inside any backpack. The different types of baseball backpacks present in the market are as follows:
- Handheld bat backpack – This kind of backpack is long and lean. Depending on the size one chooses, the different numbers of balls and bats can fit inside of it. It is a traditional duffle bag installed with short handles, giving off the look of a tote bag. These backpacks come in various styles and have a number of compartments for different equipment. This backpack is suited for people willing to carry it in one hand, and this can be problematic if one carries numerous bats or helmets.
- Bat backpacks – These are the types of baseball backpacks that come in comparatively smaller shapes. The backpack is new in trendy due to its ability to look like a school or college backpack, doesn’t stand out too much from the crowd, and looks easy on the eyes. Young players generally prefer this type of backpack. Still, at the same time, an experienced player can also use it because this baseball backpack evenly distributes the weight on the back without stressing out any single part of the body.
- Wheeled backpacks – This kind of backpack is used when one has to carry heavy baseball equipment in large numbers. The large capacity provided by the wheeled backpacks is a desirable quality for many. If one is big on carrying numerous pieces of equipment for practice, training, or the match, then this is the baseball backpack one must be chosen. There is no stress on the body at all, although it can be hard to move it around on the surface it is being rolled on is uneven. They come in two designs, inline and tank.
- Shoulder strap backpacks – This kind of baseball backpack is similar to handheld backpacks, with the major difference being the longer shoulder strap provided in this one, hence the name. The ease and quickness to use are pretty evident in this backpack. The design is pretty cool if one thinks about it; it has a long and a short handle with an additional long one for additional support. People prefer this backpack to cover a lot of distance by walking to the playground.
Choosing any of the backpacks mentioned above must be based on the needs of the individual and not just because of their aesthetics. Even though they all serve the same purpose, the degree of difference in doing each is very important.
What to look for while buying baseball backpacks?
Now that we have discussed the different types of baseball backpacks and when they should be used, this is an excellent question. It is also equally vital to know the major features that make the baseball backpack a must to buy. The following are some of them;
- Durability – This feature is critical because it decides how well the bought baseball backpack would be able to serve its purpose. A sturdy, top-notch backpack is essential if one wants it to last a long time. A good brand, the well-reputed backpack ought to be more durable than the regular ones.
- Quality – Certain quality certifications must be sought on baseball backpacks as they determine whether it is tight to invest in a product or not. The better the quality better will the output it gives will be.
- Additional perks – Different individuals would have different requirements, and their ask out of their backpacks would vary as well. Added outside compartments to keep some protein bars or hidden inner pockets could come in handy at any time.
- Compartments – Speaking of compartments, it is a critical feature not only in terms of spacing but also in then there is slim to no chance of any extent of damage even on regular long-term use in terms of specializing if the compartments are specialized to carry specific equipment. Bags with more compartments and proper dividers help keep even electronic devices such as mobile phones, earphones, and chargers at hand, along with other valuable items.
- The material used in manufacturing – This feature determines the baseball backpack’s longevity, comfortability, and overall quality. There are several options available in the market, but polyester is one of the most widely preferred due to its strong and durable ability. Nylon is another material that has a dominant market in this field primarily due to its ability to retain its shape even upon over usage, high quality, and longevity. Other than these two, several mixtures are also available that combine the best of both worlds to give a solid material for baseball backpack manufacturing companies.
- Cushioning – This feature is critical for the user who will carry it and the objects kept inside it. These backpacks can get quite heavy, and upon putting the comparatively heavy equipment used in this sport, it can be straining for the body to take on all that weight without proper cushioning; therefore, backpacks need to be reinforced with substantial padding. Adequate inner cushioning also helps prevent any damage to the stuff inside the backpack, complemented by a tough outer surface that still retains the ability to be folded to a certain degree, ensuring total protection on all fronts.
Some extra perks to seek:
Apart from the primary features, some minor detailing which also necessary for some users that could help them finalize which kind of baseball backpack they want when it is all said and done. Having a protective slip-on bag means that the belongings will be free from dust and water even along a longish journey.
The metal runners used on the wheeled bags can be of extending time that equals the length of the backpack; this will give more stability to the backpack. On top of this, plastic protective padding on the wheels is a must as well to ensure the reduction in the wear and tear of the wheels over time. Who does not like some extra room? One can look for backpacks that have layering and numerous well-spaced pockets.
Baseball backpacks are a must for young adults, amateurs, and professionals alike. Depending on the needs and the budget, they can be chosen from different types such as wheeled ones, handheld ones, shoulder straps, and more. Choosing any of these must be based on their quality, durability, comfortability, the material used for manufacturing, and more. Once all these key points are accounted for, one is good to go to the shop and get the desired baseball backpack.